June 30, 2009

Everywhere But Home!

Well, it really does seem like we've traveled everywhere in the last week. Last Tuesday we set out for the Manti Pageant with Mom, Dad, Heather, Richard and Michelle and Sean and kids. On our way down Weston and I test drove some scooters because we have been wanting to buy a little 150cc scooter since we only have one car. It will get very good gas mileage and we would just really enjoy cruising around on it together. We test drove a couple of different ones and then we found a really good deal for much less than we've been finding. We test drove a little blue scooter in Orem and loved it. Great deal, price, and condition. So we decided we'd looked long enough and finally found the best deal!

Then we went to Manti with everyone and saw the Manti Pageant. That night we traveled back up to Michelle’s at about midnight for an interview the next morning at an Insta Care in Orem. It went well, but not necessarily a fast paced enough job for me. Then we drove back down to Yuba Lake near Gunnison and tried fishing there with mom and dad and Heather and Richard. We didn't catch anything, but one carp. Yuck! We had a lot of fun though. We camped over one night and decided to construct our own movie theater. We popped some pop corn with the generator and watch a movie from our camping chairs!The next morning we were on our way to Moab for a get together with Weston's sibling and parents. We went into Arches and saw lots of cool formations and then saw Delicate arch from a distance. Much too long a hike for the little kids...lucky for me! We also got to go see Dead Horse Point, which was very pretty.

Then at night we had a bunch of fun playing games and sitting around talking and laughing! If you like playing games a fun new one that we played was called "Buzz Word". We'd highly recommend it. We also really like playing Outburst! It was a lot fun to get a bunch of us together! We also played a fun game with all the couples to see how much each one new about their spouse. Fun, Fun! Then after 4 days of that, on Sunday as we traveled through Price to get to Vernal we stopped by my friend's house and got to see her and her family! It’s been a while so we really enjoyed that!
We got to Vernal on Sunday and went fishing with both of our dads on Monday. We went to Steinaker and surprisingly caught about 1 dozen bass in about 1 or 2 hours. What a fun afternoon!
Now for the not so good news. My basketball coach from high school passed away couple of nights ago. He had been struggling with cancer for about 6 months or more. Mom and I went over to his house on Sunday evening, but he had been sleeping all day and we weren't even able to see him. That night he passed away leaving behind a wife and three kids. The oldest girl is in college and one is in high school and the youngest a boy in about 5th grade. He was only 44 years old. I can't imagine how hard that would be. Especially now that I'm married it makes me sick to think about it. Of course it makes it easier with the knowledge of the gospel and that she'll be able to be with him forever, but there's still a lot of pain and heartache involved. Very sad situation, but good for him as his was not very comfortable toward the end. He was a good coach and a great friend! Sad to see him have to go through everything he and his family have had to go through.

For some better news to leave you with... This morning I got a message from the Central Utah Surgical Center in Provo abut 1 block from where we're most likely going to be living. I had dropped a resume and application off about 1 1/2 weeks ago. When I called her back she asked me when I could start. I told her I am scheduled up until the end of July up in Logan. Then she said that she needed me right now. After talking for a minute she said, but we'll manage until you can come in August. She proceeded to tell me all the great things about working there. She has great staff, better pay than what I'm getting and great doctors to work with. I'd be doing recovery and post-op. Which is basically code word for "best job ever"! No nights, no weekends! Anyway, I haven't ever met the lady, but Michelle's boss referred me to her, so maybe that did the trick. Thanks for putting in a good word Shel! I meet with her on Thursday on our way back up to Logan to work out details. Anyway after just last night getting very stressed about when to leave Logan and worried about not having a job in time and just not knowing anything really, everything (once again) has fallen into place more perfectly than we could have imagined. Not necessarily something we feel like we deserve, but none the less we're very grateful!

Well, now Heather and the kids are coming to Vernal and Brenda should be here tonight!! Tomorrow is the viewing and Thursday the funeral. Then it's up Provo to talk with Jill about the new job and back to Logan to get back to work on Friday. Our plan is to move the weekend of July 31st and August 1st.

More next time!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Sounds like you've had an eventful week or two. I'm so excited for you to move to Provo I can't even tell you!! Plus the weekend you are planning on moving down here is my last day of school so I can totally help out.

Unknown said...

my goodness . . . . mental breakdown?????????it wasnt that nasty beside the road [unless you are a prima-donna]
is this the same girl who used to crawl under her car and change oil????
is this the same girl who nailed shingles, pulled weeds, finished cement, crawled up on the roof of the girl's camp and nailed 2x4's?????????
i could go on . . . evidently that new husband is spoiling you too much