Since this is my first post since he was born I'll give a quick run down. I saw my Dr. on Tuesday and my due date was Thursday. He asked me if I wanted to be induced, because he said I could go into labor anytime. After he stepped out and Weston and I talked about it we decided I was going to be induced on Friday! That was the 3rd of December. The day after my due date. It was crazy that it was actually happening.
My parents came into town Thursday night and I went into the hospital on Friday morning around 9. My plan was to be there all day and more than likely not have Cohen until later that night. They got me all hooked up to the medications at about 10:30am and I had Cohen at 3:59pm. Needless to say it was very quick! I pushed for only an hour and things went very smoothly...thanks to the epidural and my expert coaches :) He weighed 6lbs 4oz and was 19" long.
At first Cohen struggled with his breathing but to make a long story short, pulled out of that quite quickly. We got to have him in our room until we fell asleep that night at about 1am and they kept him to make sure he didn't have anymore breathing problems through out the night, only bringing him back in for me to feed him.
We got to leave the hospital Sunday and were so excited to finally have our own little baby! My mom was so good to stay with us for the first week and help me adjust to being a new mom, as well as waiting on me hand and foot. Thanks mom!
For about the first 2 weeks I even loved getting up in the middle of the night to feed him multiple times, just because I loved looking at him. I couldn't get enough of him! However now, although I still love to hold and look at him, I'd definitely rather do it during the day!
Cohen is such a calm little baby. We are so lucky to have him and feel so blessed that he is so perfect! He sleeps for about 3 sometimes 4 and if we're really lucky 5 hours at night before waking up to eat. Some fun things that he is starting to do is suck on his fists, smile, make noises and act really engaged when we talk and play with him. Every new little thing he does is so exciting. We love it! I couldn't ask for a better husband and father. Weston is so helpful and loves him so much. I've always loved little babies and couldn't wait to have one of my own. It's so nice not to have to give him back to his mom... He's ours forever!
I'm going to post lots of pics since it's been so long!
Enjoy! ...sorry they're out of order
The night before On our way home!
...waiting for something to start happening
Blessing day
He loves to have his hands by his face when he's asleep
christmas photoshoot
best buddy... being inappropriate
waiting for all the action :)
...more photoshoot pictures
bball game at 1 week old! Slept through the whole thing
2 comments:
So freaking cute!! He's already grown up so much! Love love the picture of us :) I need to come visit! Glad you are enjoying motherhood. I always knew you'd be the best mommy ever. Love you!
Hey Deanna this is Ashley Kay (Guymon) its been so long since i have seen anyone from high school. Your baby is so so cute!! Its so much fun having your own isn't it, I love it!! Congrats!!
Ps. Does Erin have a blog?
Post a Comment