Holy moley! I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. Life's been crazy busy. For starters Cohen is 8 months old! Ahhh...time flies! He is just about to crawl. He can get anywhere though, by army crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees and can move his knees forward, but hasn't quite figured out how to get his arms to go too. He's so big and so fun!
He loves his food. He'll eat just about anything. Last night he loved gnawing on corn on the cobb that we had eaten the corn from, but I think he liked the flavor. He also loved the boiled asparagus!
Good work G-ma!2 nights ago I moved him into his own room! He woke up twice instead of just once, but last night he slept through the night! So so nice to have our room back though. I have to admit I had one of those crazy mom irrational fear moments when I was trying to fall asleep without him in our room. I was thinking to myself what if a fire starts in his room and I don't know because he's not right next to me and the more rational fear what if he cries and I don't hear him. I had a bit of a restless night, but I'm sure I'll get used to it :)
Cohen can get to sleep all by himself now! Wahoo! I thought this day would never come.
A few weekends ago we had our annual Hadlock sibling reunion. We ate good food, went to the zoo, 7 peaks and just hung out. It was super fun and relaxing. The bird show at the zoo was awesome. These birds took donations and put them in a box and Cohen was fascinated by it!
My brother stayed with us for a few months. He's super fun to have around and we miss him. He just went down to live with Heather since his job is down there now. Every night was a party with him around. Movies, popcorn, popcorn, popcorn, popcorn, golfing, popcorn, grilling out, and just chillin!...and popcorn :) Good times at 7 peaks...
We've picked up a new pass time...golfing! Definately not the cheapest sport in the world, but super relaxing.During the middle of June mom and dad decided to take a road trip to MN for Ben's graduation. They also wanted to stop by to see G-ma Phillis and then G-ma Gayle. Heather, rich and the kiddos tagged along so I decided I would too. We went in the camper so it was a pretty comfortable ride. Weston couldn't go because of work and classes because we were gone for almost 2 weeks. I hated that he wasn't with me. However, it was really good to see everyone. We went camping up in MN. All of us siblings were together except Daniel. Cohen learned how to sit up while we were gone and loved doing face time and seeing Weston. It was so good to see everyone. Heather called us the traveling circus!
Hanging with uncle Tony
Camping in MN



Grandma Gayle's

I don't have pictures of G-ma Phillis right now from my camera, but I'll be getting some

I flew back with Cohen because I didn't want to brave the 2 day trip back :) Cohen did pretty well and it was so so good to see Weston again. I really missed him. We said we'd never do that much time apart again!
Waiting for our flight...
Parade OF children...notice it doesn't say for... not exactly what we were expecting, but cute:)
Good time with rice cereal

These pics are a month old or so, but I had to post them cuz I love them!


I know this was a super long time ago (don't judge me Erin) but I had to post this pic from when we got together a while ago and had lunch. Love these girls!

Here's some pics Amanda took for us at our little reunion



We're moving next weekend!!! We're super excited. It's little 2 bedroom 1 bath upstairs of a house near the temple. It's an older home so there are book shelves built into the walls and a cute little desk built in in the living room. There is a portable dishwasher in the kitchen. The oven is this super antique looking, green stove on the wall. I love it. There is a garage and an extra storage room right behind the garage that is like a 12' by 12' room. I can't wait to have all the extra space! There is a deck and a sliding door in each of the rooms connected by the deck. Then there is another deck off the living room. We may be able to plant a little garden too! We move next weekend and I can't wait!
It's been super crazy because we found a place a few weeks ago that we really liked. We realized the managers were not people we wanted to rent from and decided to look for another place. That was a huge let down. Then there was another place about .5 mile from Weston's work that was really nice for $800 a month and vaulted ceilings. Really nice big rooms. We called the guy and told him we wanted it and not 5 minutes before that he had told someone else they could have it. Needless to say some tears were shed on my part because I'd done so much searching, calling and looking at places that I was so sick of it.
It's funny because about 2 weeks ago I saw an add on KSL for the place that were moving into now. We were going to go look at it 2 weeks but didn't get around to it and weren't even sure that we liked it that much from the pictures we saw online. Then after the other 2 places fell through Weston said we should go look at it. We drove by it last Wednesday and I tried to find the phone number on KSL to call to see if we could walk through it. ...We cound't find it anymore. We didn't know if we should just leave or be weird and knock on the dorr. Brave us knocked on the door and said we were sorry to bother them, but couldn't find the add on KSL so couldn't call. We said we'd come back later to walk through, but they told us we could come in and take a look. We both loved it! We wrote them an email that night and sent them the application and they called us the next day and told us we could have it! On Sunday we signed for it! Wahoo. Finally! Weston always said something would work out and of coarse I said yeah right, even though I really new it would.
It's been super crazy because we found a place a few weeks ago that we really liked. We realized the managers were not people we wanted to rent from and decided to look for another place. That was a huge let down. Then there was another place about .5 mile from Weston's work that was really nice for $800 a month and vaulted ceilings. Really nice big rooms. We called the guy and told him we wanted it and not 5 minutes before that he had told someone else they could have it. Needless to say some tears were shed on my part because I'd done so much searching, calling and looking at places that I was so sick of it.
It's funny because about 2 weeks ago I saw an add on KSL for the place that were moving into now. We were going to go look at it 2 weeks but didn't get around to it and weren't even sure that we liked it that much from the pictures we saw online. Then after the other 2 places fell through Weston said we should go look at it. We drove by it last Wednesday and I tried to find the phone number on KSL to call to see if we could walk through it. ...We cound't find it anymore. We didn't know if we should just leave or be weird and knock on the dorr. Brave us knocked on the door and said we were sorry to bother them, but couldn't find the add on KSL so couldn't call. We said we'd come back later to walk through, but they told us we could come in and take a look. We both loved it! We wrote them an email that night and sent them the application and they called us the next day and told us we could have it! On Sunday we signed for it! Wahoo. Finally! Weston always said something would work out and of coarse I said yeah right, even though I really new it would.
Here's some pics Amanda took for us at our little reunion





3 comments:
Sad! You just cant wait to leave us! lol. All alone in our little cracker box... but that picture of Cohen and Weston looking like twins is hilarious!! And those pics your sister took of Cohen are awesome! No wonder you don't get pro ones taken, you get them for free! haha
I do judge you D! I have been waiting forever for a new post! I am so glad to see all these pics of little man. What a yummy kid. Once I move down to Mel's I will be coming by more often :) Woot woot!
love the post, miss you!
Post a Comment