July 16, 2009

New Job!

Great news! I got a job down in Provo at Central Utah Surgical Center! It turns out the couple lonely 2-hour trips down there on my days off paid off! On Tuesday I dressed up in scrubs, or I guess I should say dressed down into baggy scrubs that don't fit right, to see what it is like to work there. I started out in pre-op. Everyone was really nice and it all looked like something I'd really enjoy doing! Then I went over to recovery, which is quite a bit busier, but that's my kind of work, so it was fun! The great thing is, no nights, no weekends, no holidays and to show you how good they are about working with schedules she said I could still go on the Florida trip the 2nd week of August with mom and dad and I start the 1st week of August. Honestly I didn't have a lot of hope for that. I'm very excited to get started and get to know people there.
It's kind of sad because I feel like I'm really getting to know people here and really getting to know what I'm doing, but I'm also excited for change. Now I just can't wait to the get to the point where I feel confident about all the paperwork and everything at my new job! I was going to go look at some apartments with my sister, Michelle, while I was down there, but nothing was working out. We've decided to commit to the condo that I wrote about a few blogs ago. I could probably look forever and still want something else. Really the only downside is the bedrooms are kind of small, but like Weston said we'll be in the kitchen and living room mostly anyway. It's so relieving to have a job and not to have to look anymore for apartments. Weston and I were just talking yesterday about where we were going to put everything and all the nice conveniences of our new place. We're eager to move and get started down in Provo.
I am finishing up my job here on the 29th and Weston is finishing up some research at the university. He is working with rats and injecting them with cocaine and other things. He's really enjoying that and loves the experience! Yesterday I had the day off so we slept in until about 9am and then as Weston calls it, I went into "Machine Mode". I started packing stuff and have a bunch of stuff packed already! It's fun I don't mind it at all. I'm really excited to get it all organized into a new place. At about 5 we went and played tennis. It was so hot, but a lot of fun. Weston's so patient with me! Then at 8 we went and played softball with our ward until about 9:30. I have to say it's so nice to have a husband who enjoys doing the things I do. We both love all sports, so we have a lot of fun getting involved in all the ward sports! Now this morning we're both quite sore, but that's how it goes!

1 comment:

James and Kirsten said...

Hey guys! Cute blog! We had so much fun camping with you guys this weekend. We're sad you moved but wish you the best with your new adventure. Now we can keep in touch with our blogging skills! ;o)