The last week of July, the week before we moved to Provo, we managed to pack it full. We went to Lagoon with some of our best friends and had a really fun day with them. I got some work in and we packed everything up in between all the fun. We also were able to go to our ward campout the night before we left. We love camping and were excited to go up Logan Canyon. So we slept over night at the campout and the next morning we headed back to the apartment to get things moved out. We had a lot of family and friends help, which was great! Then we said goodbye to our friends and place we had lived for our first year together!
We made a lot of good friends up in Logan and miss them very much! We lived in Logan almost exactly 1 year and in about July we realized we could have been much better friends with a lot of couples in our ward if we would have been more outgoing. However we were perfectly content with being completely into just each other, as a lot of couples are in the first year or so of marriage. We are grateful for the friendships we did make and still have!
August 1st we made our way to Provo to set up our new home. We had a lot of great help here waiting for us! We moved in very quickly and got things set up really quickly with help from family and friends! We were eager to get things out of their boxes as we were planning on going to Florida with my parents in a few days. We moved in Saturday and Monday I went to my first day of work.
Then Thursday night we headed off to Florida in my parents van. I hadn't made that long of a trip since we moved my sister up here from there about 2 years ago. We used to do it as kids and I came to find out I cared less about heat and humidity as a kid and I was a lot more patient then. Weston and I were the night shift drivers both ways. Mom and dad drove during the day. Other than that we just slept along the way. Without going into detail about it all, because that would take too long, not to mention it would bore you, we broke down 3 times on the way down. However we did meet some really neat people during our multiple breakdowns...physical and mental on my part :)
Let me just paint a picture for you so you can sympathize a little. 100 degrees outside, sitting on the side of the interstate for a couple hours, all the van doors open, semi-trucks shaking the van every time they pass us, little tiny bugs flying all over the place and not to mention sticking to us because it’s so humid were sitting in the shade sweating. Oh yeah, this was about day 2.5 with no shower! We were a little uncomfortable. Let’s just say Delta, you’ve got my business! On the bright side, thanks to the breakdowns we passed through Atlanta, Georgia during the day instead of 3am, which is where Weston’s sister lives. We got to stop and chat with them for a while, which was really fun!
On the third break down we were close enough that Jeanette, Sean's mom, came and picked us up. At least we had made it to Florida and got to see some familiar faces. So nice to sleep in a bed! We also had the neat experience of eating boiled peanuts and ice cream…completely foreign to us? Well, we finally got the car fixed and made it to my brother's house in South Florida.
While we were there we did some remodeling on his house, ate lot's of good food...(thanks Tony), got to go to the beach, and even went to Disney World for free! Weston had a mission companion who lives down there who had a connection and took us to all four parks for free. It was a long, hot day, but definitely worth it. The beach was fun, especially because Weston had never been to the ocean. It was so fun to see Dennis and Tony. After about a week full of fun I have to admit, I dreaded the ride home. Luckily we made it home without breaking down.
Then it was back to work the next day. Work is going great! Monday and Tuesday I work in pre-op at the Central Utah Surgical Center across from Utah Valley Hospital and Thursday and Friday I work in recovery. I have Wednesdays off, which is nice. I really like working both places. Everyone there works in one or the other. I'm finished with training so I'm on my own and have been for a while. I can't stand just following someone around all day. It's great to be able to get in there and do things on my own. I have to say the worst part about switching jobs for me is the stage where I'm slow because the paperwork is foreign. I think I'm about caught up to everyone else now though, so things are very fun!
It seems like we're always going, going, going. We do get bored if we're not though. A few weekends ago we met Heather and the family down in St. George at her friends "cabin" (actually a really nice house). It was so fun to see the kids. We had a lot of fun with Heather's friends too. We rode 4-wheelers, went fishing, rock climbing, and ate lots of good food! We can't wait to go back again. Kailer and Meili are both getting so big. Meili hates me, but it makes it all better when Kailer runs up to me with his adorable smile and hugs me...(she'll warm up)! Actually if I can manage take Meili from Heather’s sight, you know, kind of kidnap her, then she won't let me put her down. However, the second Heather walks in the room, it's a lost cause.
Just this last weekend Weston was planning on going fishing with his brother's and dad, but the weather didn't cooperate. We did get to watch the BYU game with Weston’s brother and family and had a nice long weekend. Monday we went to his Grandma's birthday party. We got to see Weston's cousin BJ and his wife Holly, some friends from Logan.
Weston recently started school, so it's not so hard to go to work, since he's not home all day. He's always busy reading books and taking notes on what he reads. He's getting used to the campus and professors.
It's really nice to be closer to Weston's brother, grandparents and my sister. We get to see them whenever we want. The other day we got to have Danielle, my niece come stay over night with us! So fun to be around family. I think that about catches us up... Sorry to be so long...hopefully not to wordy. I wish I had pictures, but it seems like someone else is always taking the pictures. We never have our camera. If I waited to post until I get them it will be another 2 months! Yeah I know easy solution...BYOC, Bring your own camera!
1 comment:
You guys are so cute! I'm glad I saw you on my blog so I could catch up with you! Hope everything is going great, can't wait for you to post again!
Post a Comment