November 18, 2010

2 weeks to go...ish

I can't believe I've let almost a month go by since my last post. Wait...yes I can. A big part of why I do this is for a journal. If there are lots of details in this that you don't care about...sorry, stop now :) I don't think I've written about the contractions that I've had, but I started having them when I was about 35 weeks. Probably even earlier and I just thought it was the baby's back pushing out. At about 35 weeks I came home from a long day at work after getting up at 4:15am. I had, what I now know were Braxton Hicks contractions, for the rest of the day. The part that kind of scared me was that I thought they were supposed to be much more sporadic and not be uncomfortable. I only had a few that were causing lower back and some abdominal discomfort, but I was a little worried I was going to go into labor. However here I am at 38 weeks and no baby, so...false alarm! I've been having these painless contractions ever since and can definitely tell an increase in them when I have a long day at work or simply walk up some stairs, or get up from laying down.
At 36 weeks I had an ultra sound to measure Cohen to make sure he was still growing, because I've been measuring 2 weeks behind. Luckily the u.s. showed that he's right on for being 36 weeks except when his femur measurements were added into the averaging it worked out to be 35 1/2 weeks. They just said all that means it he's going to be short, which we were really surprised about. All this time we've been planning on a tall basketball player...oh well.
For some news to show there's progress taking place... last week I measured 1/2cm...(haha I didn't know they measured 1/2cm, they must have just been trying to make me feel good.) I was also 50% effaced and this week I am 2 cm and 70% effaced.
I'm actually more comfortable than alot of people make it sound like I should be. Probably because I'm still sleeping really well! I'm still working and plan on working up until I have him. People act surprised when I say that, but I'd be very bored at home all day and time would pass even slower than it is. It's actually going by quickly I just want it to go by even faster! However this feeling is subject to change in a week or 2 weeks! :)
For some other good news I worked my last 4:30am shift today, because next week is Thanksgiving and I'm crossing my fingers to go into labor by the next Thursday...my due date. However I know in the back of my mind I'll probably go at least a few days over, but I can be optimistic right?
Here's some pics of when I was 37 weeks!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Your belly is awesome!!! I'm getting so excited!! I seriously keep thinking that I am going to get a text any day now that says you have had him. Can't wait to meet little Cohen :) I'll be out there December 3rd-5th so have him before then so I can see him :) Love you! Good luck!!