May 20, 2011

Me and my crafty self, besties, and the babes





Ok so I can't take all the credit... ok so I really shouldn't take much of the credit, but my sister Michelle and I made these temple bags. She had to make like 6 or so of them and I've helped her a little bit with some that she made in the past and this time wanted to make one for myself while helping her with hers. She is in the r.s. pres. in her ward and makes them for the yw when they turn 18.
The print that I picked out is my new favorite print. I need to be careful because everything I see now, I want it in the print. I got a little picture board in that print. And saw some plates the other day in that print that I wanted. If i'm not careful it will become like my jr. high dolphin obsession. I went a little crazy and had a dolphin globe, dolphin waterfall, dolphin stuffed animals, ceramic dolphins, dolphin thermometer(yes they exist)...you name it they can make it dolphiny. We wanted to put a strip of wall paper up in the bathroom. This was during my dolphin obsession and I convinced my mom to put dolphin wall paper up in the bathroom so I'm always reminded of my fetish.
Anyway back to the real reason I'm posting...the temple bag. It was super fun to make and I'm excited to use it. A little extra push to get myself to the temple...whatever it takes...right? I like it because it keeps your dress from getting wrinkled and there are 2 pockets for your other things. Probably wouldn't have been as fun to do by myself, but whenever Michelle and I get together we always have a good time :) This is my kind of project. I don't have to come up with the idea and I have someone right there to walk me through it. Crafty huh? :) Finished product...and it folds down into this cute little thing:)











would have taken alot longer if it weren't for some good babysitters...sleeping on the job:)






This deserves a post of it's own, but when I get the chance to post I've got to do it all or it won't ever get done :) A couple of my best friends and I got together for brunch at Olive garden up in salt lake. Nicole was down here visiting from Idaho and Erin lives up there now. My favorite part is that we all laugh at each others dumb jokes and stories just like we used to in high school! Good times!


And a few updated pictures of my favorite little guy! He loves to suck on those 2 fingers.






His favorite toys...notice they're not "toys"










Love....

...it when he reaches up and touches my face with his super soft hands

...his good smelling breath...Always :)

...how his face lights up and he starts moving really fast when he sees me coming

...his attention cough

...how his smile always makes me happy