November 2, 2011

Fall Fun

This is my favorite time of year because I love all the pretty colors and the weather. Halloween was a lot of fun this year since we had Cohen to dress up! I spent about 4-5 total days working on our costumes. Maybe 2 or 3 full days over at shel's with her help and then a few nights here picking away at things. We decided to go down to visit Heather in Vegas this year for Halloween. She took us to 3 or 4 trick-or-treating events so we got some good use out of our costumes, which I was happy about since I spent so much time on Weston and Cohen's. They were really fun to make though. My sister Michelle helped me make both of them without a pattern. I made all of Cohen's and bought the white leggings and white long sleeve shirt for Weston, but made the rest. It always takes me a long time to do these kinds of things because I'm such a perfectionist. I have to have it exactly like the picture on the internet. Thanks to some outside prodding, I tamed my madness! And I'm really happy with the way they turned out. You'll still notice I did some things that I will probably only do the first year I make costumes....like punch an extra whole in the gold sequins that are across the chest of Weston's costume so I could sew them on. I laugh now, but I was serious about it! I learned a lot and it was a fun project. Cohen is megamind, Weston is metroman and I am Roxanne from the movie megamind;)


Heather's was a lot of fun. We left Thursday night and Cohen did pretty well in the car. Only 2 stops and a bit of crying here and there the last hour. It's a 5-6 hour drive. While down there we went to a buffet which is a fun tradition we have every time we are down there it seems. We went to the strip which was fun because we haven't been there in a while. We saw the volcano and Belagio gardens and fountains out front. They were super cool. Cohen loves being out and about so he enjoyed it too. I'm not sure how to describe his face during the volcano....no crying, no smiling, maybe a little skeptical, but I think he enjoyed it. Then we of course did lots of trick-or-treating and got tons of candy and just did a bunch of hanging out! The ride home on Tuesday was even better he slept most of it and we only had to stop once for gas!


Before we left for Vegas we did FHE with these guys and carved pumpkins!





During the middle of October we took a trip up the canyon with some friends and took some fun pics

Every once in a while I like to dress Cohen up and do a little foto shoot! :)


sorry these are out of order, but I'd rather do other things than try to figure out how to rearrange them...I know it should be easy and sometimes it is, but other times it seems like this blogger is so messed up :) More canyon pics


In fun Cohen news, he got his first tooth last week. Then a couple days later he got the one right next to it! It's so weird to feel teeth in his mouth, but so fun. He also started walking! Probably one of the more exciting milestones so far. I can't believe my little baby is walking. It is literally the cutest thing ever to watch him stumble across the room with his hands in the air trying to keep his balance. Weston was helping him walk to the couch. He would take a couple steps to the couch and then got really excited about it. He was up kind of late so he was kind of slap happy. His face would slam into the ground sometimes, but he'd just laugh and get up and do it again. Then he started walking across the living room from Weston to me and back. He absolutely loved it! It's really cute to see him start, then stop in the middle of the room...catch his balance and then take another step. I could go on and on about him....







Weston and Kai playing undercover with awesome toy guns
Finally comepleted! ...He's such a good sport! Thanks babe:)

More next month ;-)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

LOVED it!

Erin said...

Oh my heck! You did such a good job on the costumes! Cohen is such a little stud. Love all of the pics D.