December 6, 2011

Happy 1st Sweet Boy!

Grandma & Grandpa came down for a visit at the beginning of the month.  We always have a good time with them:) No matter how many times he face planted it in the grass he still wouldn't let us hold handsI can't believe how big this baby is getting! I could literally stare at this picture all day :)  Obsession....I think so....and this one
I know you're thinking he looks angry...nope! this is his total relaxed chill look...furrowed brow, bottom lip poking out and feet crossed ;) I love it!

Weston was feeding him breakfast and he was sitting back doing nothing but opening and closing his mouth and totally enjoying himself! What a life!
 






Getting ready to go outside to play.  He would spend all day outside in the cold if I would let him.  When we go inside he stands by the door and trys to push it open and points wanting me to take him out. He always wants to just get into everything. Cute ;)





Trying to get something out of an empty capri sun

Like every other baby he loves unloading our hallway drawers...

...shoes from the shelf


.... Tupperware, purse, wallet....you name it!

Sadly I didn't get many pics, but we went to Vernal for Thanksgiving and needless to say the girls love "babying" him. Looks like he's loving it too! He loved following grandpas dog all around the house and just exploring a new place. We made some sweet gingerbread houses which I've learned Weston is a pro at ;)

Weston and I had a couple fun date nights while we were there too. We went shopping Thursday night and then went to twilight on saturday. Always fun to get some time just the 2 of us ;)



Drum roll please.....Cohen turned 1 on Saturday! I can't believe it.  It still hasn't set in that I have a one-year-old. I'm sure like any other mother it is bittersweet.  I miss my little baby that literally needed me for everything and I could hold and snuggle for hours, but I'm so excited for how fast he is growing and learning.  He's so interactive and we have so much fun together.   I haven't been able to call him a toddler yet, he's still my baby...don't rush me ;) I feel so blessed to have such a healthy happy baby.  

We decided on snowman theme so of course I made a snowman cake. Ever since I can remember my parents made us a cake that wasn't just a normal rectangular cake and I'm going to do the same. I'm not super creative...actually not kid ourselves, I'm not creative at all, but thank goodness for google images and pinterest!   
Thanks to a bunch of outside help from my parents and Weston we got all of this pulled together!
We made snowmen with powdered sugar doughnuts, chocolate chips and reeses cups. Then we also did banana snowmen (because bananas are Cohen's fav) and cupcakes because the snowman cake was all Cohen's! Oh yeah this is happening....I'm using my washer, dryer and d/w as tables :)



Opening his fun presents....



Why does Weston look extremely excited and Cohen looks like he's so over the present thing...I think he gets that face from me. People used to ask me what was wrong and 99% of the time there was nothing wrong. I was completely content and happy, just not smiling :)

We're so glad we had so many people that were able to come celebrate with us!



I wish I knew what was going through his little head right now. His face kind of explains a lot though! He gave us that same face when we were all huddled around him singing happy birthday. He was super perplexed!

He never really dug into his cake like a crazy person, but I think he enjoyed himself.  He loved the ice cream snow man too:)


This seemed like his fav though.  A huge sugary cake and he wanted the wafer :)





Chillaxin with his dad and light up ball after a fun day! 
I can't even put into words how much joy this little guy has brought us in the year he's been with us! It seems like we've been a little family of 3 forever, but at the same time the first year has passed by so quickly. Thinking about how special he is makes me want to go pick him up from his crib and love on him!  What a fun day!! 

Stay tuned for pics from our fun new camera we got ourselves for Christmas! Hope you have a good Christmas! (Let's not kid ourselves I won't be blogging again until 2012 ;)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Deanna, that was beautiful! I love to see how in-love you are with your baby:)

Erin said...

It looks like so much fun! Good job you little mommy you! That Cohen is such a little stud. Love him to pieces.