February 7, 2012

December in a nutshell


My excuse for not blogging: I've been completely consumed with a few things... The Hunger Games (need I say more) and Cohen's quiet book. I knew that was going to be a  big project, but I'm finally basically done.  I haven't found the best way to keep all the pages together, but all the pages are totally done! I think I probably started in October or November.  This is quite an accomplishment for me to finish because, if you know me at all, you know I am great at starting all kinds of project...but not so great at finishing them.  I could make a list of all the projects I've started and not finished, but I'll spare you. Anyway, that's why I haven't blogged lately, but here we go.
I read the Hunger games in about 2 weeks...all 3 books. I've never read a book, much less 3 books, in such a short time. They were really good. I didn't like the end but the author was extremely good at getting me to hurry up and get there! Kind of a strange, crude plot but captivating.
We got ourselves a new dslr camera for Christmas so we've been enjoying learning about it and taking all kinds of fun pictures. I've posted a few. I had a different idea for how I wanted these to turn out but I'm still figuring the camera out.  They still turned out super cute I think tho :)




 I couldn't find Cohen for a minute one day and then found him between the wall and the couch trying to get his ball.  He managed to skinny his way through there.  He was already through by the time I grabbed my camera haha.

We met Josh and Markel up at temple square to see the lights before Christmas. We also had dinner with them.  It was a lot of fun to spend the evening with them. Hallie loves Cohen!


Cohen loves to bring us books and have us read to him. Actually he doesn't really sit for much of the reading part but his attention span is getting longer.

We had our own little Christmas before we left for Vernal. It was nice to let Cohen take his time opening things...it took a lot of time:)

I love this picture! We went to Vernal for Christmas and had a lot of fun hanging out with family.  We also got to play basketball a few times, which we both loved! We had a couple date nights that we went one once we got Cohen to bed. One of which was Black Friday. Yikes is all I have to say:) W-mart in was open all night.  I would much rather be up really ate then get up early so we decided to give it a try. Our efforts paid off because we ended up getting a few good deals!

My sister and her fam came and stayed with us for a couple nights before New Years. We played lots of Dance Central 2, which was one of our purchases on Black Friday.  
 We also stayed at Shel's for a few days around New Years and continued our Dance Central festivities there also :)

 We got this mini basketball hoop for ourselves for Christmas and played until we were both sweaty the first night we set it up. However we soon had to move it down to Cohen's level or we would be lifting him up to put the ball in the hoop all day long .  He still loves his basketball hoop and tries to put any kind of ball in it. I love his little snaggle tooth on the top that you can barely see :)
 Weston got me a tripod for our camera so I could take pictures of Cohen more easily while I'm at home by myself. Here's his birthday loot...
 ...and here's his Christmas gifts. Thanks everyone for contributing!
Life is a little more easy going now that the holidays are over. They were a lot of fun but very busy. My next big project is to tackle his scrapbook.  I'm excited to get started on it.  I'm so glad the weather is nice as often as it is.  We're excited for a new year and look forward to the consistency of a good job and knowing that we won't be moving anywhere this year!...I hope:)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love all the pictures. That camera seems to do a great job. Looks like a busy fun time. Monthly craft/scrapbook day with your bff? I say yes!