March 20, 2012

busy busy...

Last week was spring break for Jason and Mallori so we decided to go to Las Vegas with them where is was warm. It was also a nice bonus because we got to stay with Heather. We went down on Saturday morning and it was a fun leisure drive. We stopped at a Wendy's for lunch and it was near a big truck stop.  Every time Cohen sees a semi he says "bu" for bus. He can't quite tell the difference between a bus and a semi-truck. So his little head was whipping back and forth and he was saying "bu..bu..bu" because they were everywhere. And of coarse he doesn't stop until you acknowledge what he's saying :) It was a nice drive...until St. George where we had car problems but we were super lucky to get our alternator replaced within the next 4 or 5 hours. Then we made it to H's by about 9 or 10 that night. We had a lot of fun there. We went to the park on Sunday and did a photo shoot. Tristan is turning one so we thought we'd mess around taking some pictures and got some really good ones! 
This is how he started out the trip. He has always loved any kind of ball, but recently he has started loving his "cuddle buddies".  He loves to snuggle stuffed animals and started sleeping with them. It's super cute.  He started with this teddy bear but he has since decided that he loves all his stuffed animals.  He tries to pick them all up at the same time (7 or 8 at a time) and snuggle them. It's like watching someone try to pick up a bunch of laundry then drop a couple...then pick those couple up and on their way to stand up they drop a couple more.  He can't quite hold them all. It's the cutest thing ever!

Here are a couple of shots from our little foto shoot:)
 
Love his blue eyes!
 
 
Kiddos chillin in the sun

 J and Mal came down on Monday. We played some tennis. The boys went golfing while we went shopping. We went bowling and had to spend one night on the strip. We saw the volcano and just did a lot of walking around. We were able to leave Cohen at Heather's asleep that night. So that worked out really great. We also eat lots of good food. That is always fun:) We were up until 2am a lot of nights! Then we came back home on Wednesday. It was a fun trip!
 



Cohen is so much fun. He has a really fun personality. He does silly things and laughs and tries to get us to laugh. He does lots of cute silly things to get us to laugh and he just laughs at himself. He pretty much takes one nap a day. Occationally he'll take a second nap if the first wasn't quite long enough, but most days he just takes one for 3 or 4 hours. Sunday after church he slept from 2-6pm He is at a really great age. He's my little buddy. He's pretty easy to take shopping. If he starts to get bored of shopping we just take a little snack break and then we're good to go.  He sleeps through the night going to bed at 8p and often not waking up until at least 9a sometimes 10! So I sleep in too :) He's just super fun! I still miss him and am ready for him to wake up after a long nap so I can see him and play with him. Here's some recent pix....

                                             He does this with his hands to say "I don't know"

                                                                 Eating raspberries

                                                          ....and cookies
              He loves to fold his arms for prayers.  He tries to close his eyes but can only manage for 1 second.  If we forget to pray before a meal, part way through he will fold his arms and remind us to pray.  In fact he's so obsessed that even when he eats a little snack or just has a couple cheerios or grapes while walking around he'll fold his arms until we pray.  He's totally associated it with eating. Love it!
              Sledding in the front yard. He loved it. I however got a little dizzy going around and around in circles haha

 

 Earlier this year Adrienne and these 3 came to stay with us for a night.  Cohen loved playing with them!


 A month or so before that we went to Bear Lake with some friends which was a super relaxing trip also. They had 2 condos there so we played tons of games, ate good food and just chilled. We also played a little tennis which was the first time in a while:)
I've completely finished the quiet book and have now started on Cohen's scrap book. I want to do one for the first year of each of our kids' lives. Then after that...I'm sure life will be too busy to do any more than that. ...Hopefully I can hang in there and do it for all the kiddos :) Life feels like a big party for me right now. I don't have to work and I love not being tied down by it. Weston is working and not in school so we get him every night all to ourselves. I get to hang out with the little man all day. It really couldn't get any better than this!!
We're going to Zions at the end of the month with H & R and the kiddos so we'll be sure to take some fun pix!








4 comments:

Erin said...

Why is he just so dang cute?!!?!?!? I love all of those pictures. You really do live the good life. Jealous! I know I say it all the time but I need to come visit more. Miss your face!

The Battys said...

He's so stinkin' cute!

-Whitney

Mike and Larissa said...

He is so Cute! Titus does the same thing when he says "I don't know." cutest thing ever!

Michael & Ashlynn Egloff said...

So CUTE!