This was Cohen's crib the day after we took his binky from him. I was totally dreading taking it and just kept putting it off. I was afraid he would do terribly without it. Turns out he surprised me. He cried for about 20 minuets the first night and about 45-60 the next day for his nap. That was the worst. From then on he feel asleep great and without crying. I thought I was in for a week of miserable nap/bedtimes. It was really sad though to hear him cry because he just needed his binky so badly to get himself to sleep, but he is so much better off now and still sleeps just as well! I think the biggest trick was to not give in and get him those first couple of times. If we would have I'm sure it would have taken more than just a day or 2 to get the hang of it. Anyway back to the pix. I could tell when he was crying before falling asleep that he was angry. He took only about an hour nap and when I went in to get him this is what I saw. No wonder he wasn't comfortable to sleep any longer than that. Poor guy.
In June we had our first Sisters weekend! It was awesome. Brenda, Michelle and I went to Heather's in Vegas. We got to see Celine Dion, eat yummy food, shop, sleep-in, craft, talk, hang out. It was the best. We are making it an annual event and I'm so excited about it. Shel and I drove down together because it was about half the price of flying. It was a fun road trip. We had no problem talking the whole way down and back up. It was fun and I didn't have an unhappy baby in the back seat all the way down either, so that was a bonus.
Celine!
Then I got to come back home to this!
Uncle Daniel and his popcorn. Probably only the first of ten bags haha
I still haven't gotten 100% at keeping the bathroom door shut. I always know what's going on before I see it though because he comes to me saying uh-oh. Little stinker! The other day I walked in on him dipping his toothbrush in the toilet and sucking the water off. Talk about nasty! But he's still alive and hasn't contracted any deadly diseases, so I let him do it whenever he wants...haha not!
Also during the last 2.5 weeks of June Weston went to the Philippines for work. I was not looking forward to this because it was such a long time. The first week I went down to Heather's with my parents to help them pack up to head to Missouri. That week was fun and passed by quickly. It was super sad to see them move though. Cohen really likes Tristan and it's so fun to see them play together. Hopefully we can get together enough that they grow up knowing each other. We had a fun time swimming, shopping, packing, eating out and just hanging out.
We drove down with my parents and he did really well for most of it.
Half way McDonald's stop
Swimming
Belagio Gardens
Baby Einstein. They're gonna miss each other
Flying home...Cohen loved the airplane. He hears and sees them all the time in the sky and he loved it. He loved the pretzels, the peanuts, the sprite and the extra seat we happened to have that he got to sit in! We were able to get the same flight as Daniel so it was really nice to have his help. Literally couldn't have done it without him...not enough arms haha
Then we got home and had a week and a half left to go. It passed by slowly to say the least. I had plans to do things with different people but everything kind of fell through. It was hard to be a single parent and I was lonely. However Daniel was here to help out and we made it through alive...barely:) Now at least we can say that we don't ever want a job that requires Weston to travel alot. He will be going twice a year, but I will plan better to keep us busier next time.
Weston had a good time. He loved meeting the people he's been working with. He got to see lots of cool stuff and got to stay in Korea for 2 days on the way back. Although it was long for him as well, he had a good time.
When North and South Korea split I guess lots of families were split up as well. North Korea is still closed and doesn't allow their people out or other people in. This fence is a place on which people can come and put the names of their family members who are on the other side, in hopes that they will some day see them again. It's very sad and makes me so grateful to live here where we have all the rights and freedoms that we do.
This was Weston's travel buddy, Branigan.
They went to a baseball game in Korea
The first Sunday that Weston was gone was father's day. I wanted to do something special for him since he would be in a foreign place and away from us. I took these pix with Cohen and printed them off as well as put them in a slide show. I also put pix from Cohen's birth up until now in the slide show with music. I hid this and some candy and notes in Weston's bag the night before he left.It was fun to be sneaky :)
I just wanted to make sure that he knew I couldn't ask for a better father to help me raise our kids. He's always there to help with Cohen and never gets tired of playing with or hanging out with Cohen. He's the best!























1 comment:
Holy Hannah sister! You have been busy! Cohen is just getting so big and cuter and cuter. I'm so happy everything is coming together with the moving. Love all of the pictures. Hope to see you soon. Loves!
Post a Comment